Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Foot Prints



The room was adorned with colorful balloons and the sound of music filled the air. Smiling faces were dressed in their best attire as we bid farewell to the past year and welcomed the new one.

My entire family gathered for a New Year's Eve dinner, and after enjoying a delicious meal, we all hit the dance floor. I was particularly enthusiastic and danced non-stop for five hours until it was 12:55 AM. Feeling exhausted, I retreated to my bedroom and fell asleep. As I slept, I found myself walking on a beach with the Lord. Scenes from my life flashed before me, and in each one, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. One set was mine, and the other belonged to the Lord.

In one scene, I was ecstatic, listening to the soothing sound of the sea birds and feeling the warmth of the sun on my face. In another scene, I found myself in a beautiful pomegranate garden, where the owner showed me great hospitality. However, in the last scene, the sky grew dark, and a thunderstorm and flooding rain ensued. I was frightened and prayed for the Lord's help to find my way home. When I looked back at the footprints in the sand, I noticed that at the most challenging times of my life, there was only one set of footprints.

I asked the Lord about this, saying, "You said that once I decided to follow you, you would walk with me all the way. But during the toughest moments of my life, there was only one set of footprints. Why did you leave me then?" The Lord replied, "My precious child, I never left you during your time of trial. I was carrying you."

Suddenly, a loud banging on the door interrupted my dream, and I found myself back in my own bed. However, the lesson from my dream remained with me: the Lord never leaves the side of his followers, no matter the circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment