Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Solitary life in 10 Storied Building

Listening music, watching movies, scribbling tales, reading books and surfing internet were only means of ruling the time. 

On the 5th of December 2012, the semester exams came to an end, bringing a sense of relief to everyone and freeing us from mental stress. As a result, most of the friends were busy leaving the university and returning to their home country, Bhutan, a beautiful and peaceful place. On that same evening, a group of friends left, leaving me alone.

When my friends asked me what I would do during the break, I didn't pay much attention to their questioning and instead, I let their words go in one ear and out the other. I found it odd that they were so focused on my plans instead of their own. Personally, I don't typically meddle in others' affairs, but my friends seemed to be quite invested in my situation. This led me to ponder why they were so concerned with my plans when they themselves seemed unsure of what they would do during the break. I noticed that some of them would talk about being great parents, loving spouses, and caring children, but it felt like these were just empty words meant to impress others and uphold their own image. In reality, their claims were often insincere and lacked substance.

My mind cannot be changed by anyone or anything other than itself. No one else shares my interests and ideology, and I have an unwavering plan and determination that cannot be deterred.

I believe that education only provides basic knowledge and must be transformed into wisdom through a comprehensive analysis of the whole. Many educated elites suffer from tunnel vision, lacking the ability to consider a broad perspective. Without the ability to identify individuals' true natures, one's words may not serve their intended purpose. To give good advice to others, one should first practice what they preach. Unless a person embodies total humanitarianism, their words will be empty and meaningless.

I spend my days in the room doing laundry, chatting, writing, and watching movies. By keeping myself occupied with these activities, I find that I hardly have time to feel lonely or bored. Many thoughts and feelings linger in my mind during this time, providing me with an opportunity to jot them down. It is also a great chance to revisit things I have learned before and clarify my understanding by surfing the internet, reading books, and referring to various sources.


12 - 12 - 2012, was a wonderful day as it coincided with the Haap and Parop Lomba festival. According to a news report by Rinzin Wangchuk in the KUENSEL, "tonight, the Haa valley will not sleep. It will be noisy as groups of boys wander around the village homes with a long stick and a basket hanging on one end. As they approach a home, they will hold out the stick and shout 'lo ley lo ley' until the owners come out and place a hoentoe in the basket for each member of the group."
 

"Today, on the 29th day of the 10th month of the Bhutanese calendar, the people of Haa and Paro valleys celebrate lomba, their traditional New Year. For the Haap community, the hoentoe is an essential part of the festivities. This popular buckwheat dumpling is a steamed momo-like dish made from a mixture of dried spinach, turnip, and chili, prepared with fermented cheese and wrapped in dough made from buckwheat flour. The preparation of hoentoe, which is characterized by a distinct aroma, begins the day before the festival"


According to CNN Headline News, "December 12, 2012, or 12/12/12, is a date that you can't ignore. It's the last triple-digit date of the century. Couples around the world will flock to tie the knot, while others will look for a magic moment on this special date.

Join us in celebrating 12/12/12 by taking a photo of a dozen items arranged neatly. While it may seem a little silly, it's a fun and creative way to commemorate a date that might otherwise go unnoticed.

And, if you submit your photo, we might showcase it on CNN along with other top entries from around the world. So, take a moment to find 12 items to organize, grab your camera, and let's have some fun. Happy 12/12/12!"

Last year, 11-11-2011, we celebrated the birth anniversary of our beloved king, His Majesty the Fourth Druk Gyalpo Jigme Singye Wangchuck. I celebrated this special day within the circle of my heart and found it to be very joyful and enthralling. Such a day is unlikely to repeat in this generation, and therefore, it is a memory that I will cherish and keep in my diary of memorable events.

The National Day in Bhutan is celebrated on December 17th, and it is a moment of great joy for all Bhutanese, regardless of their location, occupation, or circumstances. This day must be celebrated with utmost enthusiasm and reverence as it is a time to pay homage and show gratitude to our forefathers who fought for the sovereignty and protection of our nation. Bhutan, although a small country situated between two larger ones, has amazed the world with its diverse culture, unique customs, moral values, beliefs, and traditional methods of societal progress, achieved within a short period of time.

The Bhutanese people pay homage to their hereditary kings for their unparalleled contributions towards positive transformation, which has resulted in Bhutan being widely regarded as a "Heaven on Earth".

No comments:

Post a Comment