Sunday, June 17, 2012

Zephyr

Blow, chilly wind, blow                                                                                       

Over mountains far and wide 

Across the vast oceans 

Where my dear parents reside

 

Deliver my message to them 

That I'm doing just fine 

And ask how they are doing 

With health and spirits in line

                                                                                                                                    

Let them know how much I miss 

Their warmth, love, and care 

Their guidance and advice 

And how I long to be there

 

Go, breezy winds, go 

Over hills and valleys deep 

Where my sweetheart resides 

My heart's treasure to keep.

 

Tell her how much I miss                                                                                                

Her kisses and her touch 

Her warm embrace that lingers 

And the love that means so much

 

Tell her that my love is true 

And it will always be 

That it cuts me deep inside 

When she's not here with me

 

Dance, frosty clouds, dance 

Above us, lovely pair 

Embraced within your chilly arms 

Let others not despair.

 

Dance, entwine us together                                                                                           

And let the world fade away 

As we twirl under your embrace 

Beneath your cold, icy spray.

 

Fly, icy clouds, fly 

Up high, towards the sky 

Carry my prayers with you 

And let them reach up high.

Let God hear my humble plea 

 

And bless our love, pure and true 

And let our hearts be united 

As we hold each other anew.


No comments:

Post a Comment