Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hysterical Life

I stand still and gaze                                                                                          

At the lonely sky above 

With great hope of 

His soon return.

 

Painful ache in my heart 

Hides in daylight and 

Buries in moonlight 

But God knows the truth.

 

Since a tender age I've suffered ailments                                                                      

Chronic heart disease and 

Recurrent tonsillitis.

 

The doctor recommended 

An operation, but fearing death 

I refused oral medicines 

Yet found no relief.

 

Fed up with life                                                                                                                      

Longing for heavenly abode 

I pray to God to take me 

To a calm, serene place.

 

But memories of childhood 

Warm my heart 

Fond touches of family 

My happiest moments.

 

My school friends and teachers                                                                                 

Appreciated my efforts 

In studies and participation 

But someone came and shattered it all.

 

He, who is now a criminal 

No longer cares 

Suggested I marry someone else 

Changed his cell number.

 

My heart shattered into pieces                                                                                   

Hopes vanished into thin air 

Promises broken 

Tears the only solace.

 

Though my mind is strong 

Memories flicker and I'm immersed 

In whirling tears, like 

The saying, "One goes, thousand come."

 

I toil in the sun and rain 

Holding the sickle and spade 

Daily labor in the fields 

Until my father opened a grocery shop.

 

Learning is a lifelong process 

With no age or time barriers 

Hoping to continue my studies 

God, I pray for a beautiful life ahead.


 
Courtesy: Karma Lhazin

1 comment:

  1. Life is not a bed of roses. Many things would happen and it happens for the best.

    ReplyDelete